Monday, November 4, 2013

Maple lights

The way these whirligigs are illuminated by the late afternoon sun captured my attention for a good 10 minutes or so on my walk home.

I've been away from thinking about trees for a while. The past six months have involved lots of changes for me---rather like the changes a tree might have to go through in the spring if it were replanted in a new location the previous fall. Even if the new location is a better one, on higher ground with less flooding, with more sunlight, and lots of room to grow, there's a lot to adapt to, and sinking down new roots requires a lot of work.

Of course, a tree doesn't have to move itself or have to figure out the logistics of moving. Heh.

This fall finds me in a new state working at a new job that I'm much better suited for. I'm so happy with the changes I've made. Still, lots of changes. Lots of adapting.

In my new town, I'm surrounded by oodles of magnificent trees, both large and small. They're impossible to ignore, especially in all their glorious fall colors. They also deserve to be shared, and I shall do my best on that over the next several months.

2 comments:

  1. Love this pic with all my heart. Congratulations on the move and the new adventure. I'm looking forward to your upcoming posts!

    ReplyDelete