Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Binn Hill

Yes, one of the many things Keziah and I have bonded over is our love of trees. Trees inspire in me wonder and awe. They have presence, and they endure. Like we do, they have a lifespan, their lives often stretching out into the past years before I was born and into the future perhaps long after I'll be gone. They are both incredibly strong and powerful and incredibly vulnerable. They cling to cliff-sides with tenacity, hold the earth in place, provide homes for birds, and create oxygen for us to breathe. Quite simply, I love trees so very much.

A wicked cool tree on Binn Hill in Fife, Scotland.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I like this one. It has weathered many a storm and commands an incredible view.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice location! Obviously not always peaceful, but a good place to sit and think.

    ReplyDelete